"I always saw my mom cooking this kind of dishes, when I was young. That's how I learned….[My children] are still very young. I think they will just learn naturally. Just like me! Because they'll be seeing me all the time, what I cook. And then they will learn from me, I think."
- Corn oil
1. Prepare the rice by soaking it in water "to make it soft, to make it cleaner."
2. Prepare the chicken. "This chicken, I already washed it. It's very clean. And then I also roast it a little bit. on the gas. So that it will give us... this traditional smell, from Chin state."
3. Put water to boil. Once it starts boiling put all the chicken in.
4. After a little while, add the rice and cook the rest of the way.
5. Add cilantro, garlic, parsley and salt. Let it cook for ten more minutes, then turn off the fire.