- Mahindi / White cornflour
- / Water
1. Add the mahindi to the pot of boiling water. “It doesn’t have a specific measurement. You can put more as needed.” Leave it to boil for two or three minutes.
2. Keep stirring until it becomes a paste.
3. After it becomes a paste, cover the pot, “then you wait a couple more minutes so it can fully cook.”
4. Use the wooden spoon to help shape the ugali into a ball, then “you wait again a little longer so when you remove it it won’t be sticking on the pot.”
5. Add a little water to a serving plate to prevent it from sticking and flip the ugali onto the plate. Then you flip it on the plate.